ABOUT THE DANIEL MALKA PHOTO PROJECT MINI DOCUMENTARY
© Copyright 2014, THE DANIEL MALKA PHOTO PROJECT, all rights reserved
The Daniel Malka Photo Project inc. (Federal and Quebec Registered Non Profit Corporation Number 813173-2, NEQ: 1168331594 ) was founded in Montreal, Canada by Daniel Malka, Msc., photographer, writer and lecturer. After working for over 20 years as an advertising, editorial, and fine art photographer in Europe and North America, Daniel Malka has decided to focus all his experience and efforts in helping marginalized and at risk children around the globe. The Malka Photo Project’s mission is to use innovative methods to train young photographers on location in various countries. Marginalized groups of children between the ages of 5 and 15 will be provided with digital cameras and trained in the basics of photography. The Project aims to encourage projects on all continents, in collaboration with NGOs, charities and community organizations already on site, creating a worldwide community of young photographers, sharing their world through their eyes.
The goals of The Daniel Malka Photo Project are to:
- Help targeted age groups at critical stages of development
- Teach children new forms of expression through art
- Encourage creativity as a form of expression and intellectual stimulation.
- Allow children to document their lives and habitats from their own point of view
- Use their photographs as a means of communication within their countries, as well as globally
- Increase global awareness in order to help raise more funds and encourage social change
- Exhibit the photographs through art galleries, magazines and online
- Redistribute the funds to the photographer, their family, community or affiliated group
Digital Storytelling to Promote Resilience, Personal Growth & Social Change
WHO WE ARE
The Daniel Malka Photo Project is operated and administered mostly by photographers, journalists and people from all trades, that work on a volunteer basis to bring social change by encouraging communication by the isolated communities around the world.
© Copyright 2014, THE DANIEL MALKA PHOTO PROJECT, all rights reserved on all texts, Website and phptographs.